Posted By

Csio
on 2012-05-29
18:08:36
 Re: SID-card scheme?

Have a question about the sidcard?
Want to meet the author?
Want a dedication from BSZ?
Want to meet some really crazy member of ACW?
Want to know the 18-years-secret of Dark as You demo by Chronos?

Come to Arok and everything's gonna be alright!!!

BSZ has a words for yah:

Elindult a masodik szeria gyartasa, elkeszultek a nyakok, megerkezett az osszes alkatresz a beszallitoktol:

Nagyban:

A heten megkapja a "szerelobrigad". Hogy mikorra keszulnek el, azt nem tudom, de utolso informacioim szerint "raernek", sokat igy talan nem kell majd ra varni. Lesz annyi, hogy mindenkinek jut, aki eddig erdeklodott. (Sot meg marad is talan 3 db., de ez az inditas utan lesz majd ~biztos, remelem nem lesz problema semmivel, kb. mint az elso szerianal.)

A lenyeg: latvanyos haladas van!

Edit: 06. 05.

Hirek: Elkeszult a masodik szeria szerelese:

A kartyak inditasa, felporogramozasa, tesztelese van vissza, mondjuk ez se kis feladat, el leszek majd vele... De mindenesetre haladas van.

Edit: 24. 05.

Az elmult ket heten igencsak el voltam havazva, igy csak lassan mentek a dolgok. A kartya CPLD FW-jeben talaltam ket problemat, ezek meg lettek oldva. Keszul kozben egy, a kartya funkcioit tesztelo program, a kritikus reszek probalgatasahoz ezt be akartam fejezni. Tulajdonkeppen amit akartam, az benne van, lassan ez is kiadhato allapotba kerul, csak ezzel se haladtam olyan tempoban, mint szerettem volna. De:

Elkezdtem a kartyak eleszteset, remelem a heten vegzek veluk! Ami biztos: a "csomagban" lesz ket 6581-es SID-hez keszult kartya is, azok mar mukodnek. Magasabb a fogyasztasuk mint a 8580-as valtozatnak, remelem a plus/4 gyari tapegysegevel nem lesz problema. De most ugy tunik, kulon keresre mukodhet ez is. (Mivel 7 db. alkatresz mas a ket verzioban, igy NEM atkapcsolhato a ket valtozat kozott, ezek CSAK a regi SID-del mukodnek!)

Ha ezekkel vegzek, akkor johet a "dobozolas" ujra (nem szeretem melo, valakinek otlet?), majd a posta (az a resz mar egyszeru).

Ill. vissza van meg a dokumentacio "kozmetikazasa" az uj informacioknak megfeleloen.

Edit: 29. 05.

A hetvegen el sikerult inditani az uj szeria kartyait, tulajdonkeppen minden rendben volt veluk. Ugyhogy orulok:

Egesz jo lett a pakk, jo lenne ha kellene meg egy ilyen szeriat gyartani. Szerintem rajtam nem fog mulni. Ezt a csomagot utoljara egyben talan most latom:

Most mar csak a "dobozolas" van hatra, utana elkezdem kiertesiteni a megrendeloket a teendokrol.

Congrat BSZ! Yeah!
Hát emberek... így visszaolvasva, meg összegezve BSZ remek munkát végzett, a kasztni jól muzsikál, bírja a koxot és remek a 985 kHz-s muzsika is. Tömegesen tsókoljuk az arany kezeidet, amikkel ezt a gyönyörűséget alkottad nekünk. THX!

Re: SID-card scheme?

Have a question about the sidcard?
Want to meet the author?
Want a dedication from BSZ?
Want to meet some really crazy member of ACW?
Want to know the 18-years-secret of Dark as You demo by Chronos?

Come to Arok and everything's gonna be alright!!!

BSZ has a words for yah:

The production of the 2nd batch has started, the PCBs are done, all components have arrived from the suppliers:

Pictures:

The "assembly team" will receive the stuff this week. I don't know when they will be done, but according to the last info they "have time", so maybe we won't have to wait too long. We will have enough for everyone who inquired so far. (Maybe we will even have 3 left over, but we will only know for sure after the start, I hope there won't be any problems, just like with the first batch.)

The point: there's visible progress!

Edit: 06. 05.

News: The building of the 2nd batch has started:

The start-up of the cards, their programming and testing is what's left, this is no small task either, but I'll keep at it. At least there's progress.

Edit: 24. 05.

This past two weeks I was very busy, so things progressed slowly. I found two problems with the card's CPLD FW, these have been solved. Meanwhile a program to test the card's functions is in the works, I wanted to finish this to test the critical issues. Basically everything I wanted to put in it IS in it, so it'll slowly reach a releasable state, I just wasn't able to progress as quickly as I would have liked. But:

I began starting up the cards, I hope I will be done this week! What's for sure: in the "pack" there will be two cards which are made for 6581 SID, these are already working. They draw more power than the 8580 version, I hope this won't be a problem for the Plus/4's factory power supply. But it seems - since it was requested - this can be made to work as well. (Since there are 7 components are different between the two versions, they CANNOT be switched over to the other version, so these ONLY work with the older SIDs!)

When I'm done, the "boxing" can begin (I hate this part of the job, any ideas?), and the shipping (that part is easy).

I also have the task of "prettying up" the documentation with the new pieces of information.

Edit: 29. 05.

This weekend I managed to start up all the cards from the new batch, everything was okay. Therefore I'm happy:

This batch turned out pretty well, I would be nice to manufacture another one like this. I don't think I would have a problem with that. This is probably the last time I see this pack in one piece:

Now only "boxing" is left, then I will notify the people who ordered.

Congrat BSZ! Yeah!
Well folks... reading it all in one piece, all in all BSZ did a great job, the stuff is playing cool tunes, "bírja a koxot" and the 985 kHz music is good too. We kiss your golden hands, those which built this awesome stuff for us. THX!

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024