Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Romppainen
on 2012-03-03
17:40:07
 WTB: expansion port splitter

Title says it all, if anyone happen to have spare of Solder's splitter (with adapters) or other similar device with either 2 or 3 connectors drop me an email.

romero@soledadmiranda.net

Posted By

MMS
on 2012-03-04
05:57:09
 Re: WTB: expansion port splitter

Does C64 expansion port differs from Plus/4 one from layout and number of pins? I suppose layout is not a big issue, as all pins to be splitted then. If no difference, then C64 splitters could be used too.

Posted By

Chicken
on 2012-03-04
10:38:56

MMS:
Only the user ports have the same dimensions, the C64 expansion port and the C16 one are completely different. Furthermore, Solder's expansion port splitter requires adapters if you want to insert standard cartridges. This is due to the fact that the standard expansion port connectors are not available anymore. (It's been discussed on this forum a couple of times in various threads wink ).

Actually, I own one of the splitters mentioned above and one adapter. My 1MB SRAM-card has a non-standard layout, so I need the splitter to connect it. Sorry Romppainen, can't give it away

Posted By

siz
on 2012-03-04
13:01:23

There is no (real) expansion port splitter for the 264 series. The connector on the motherboard is not used anywhere else. That's why Solder made his splitter with different connectors and that one can accept only card designed specially for use with that splitter.

Posted By

Romppainen
on 2012-03-04
15:50:40

> That's why Solder made his splitter with different connectors and that one can accept only card designed specially for use with that splitter.

Isn't that the very reason why those adapters were made?

Posted By

Chicken
on 2012-03-04
18:00:09

Siz,
Solder opted for the different connector because he ran out of plus/4 ones and they weren't available anymore. If he had known a source, he would have made the splitter with those. In fact, the few original ones he had were used to make the adapters. So ppl could still use standard cartridges (e.g. SIDcards) with the splitter.

Romppainen,
yes... that's the reason happy

Posted By

MMS
on 2012-03-05
10:49:27

Sorry, I was not in picture.
Well, not the only connector made 264 owner's life a trouble...

OFF
I remember, when I was a kid, in almost every computer shop you could buy the Atari --> C16 joy converter. Now even the ones available on ebay are made recently, and as we learned, some of them is not perfect. The good old ones disappeared...
ON

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024