Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Lavina
on 2012-02-28
07:56:55
 Re: Cookies

Yes I have a hosted site in the EU among the other 100 zillion sites, no I'm not worried because there are a 100 zillion sites to get processed.

Generally speaking in the Eastern Block it was a declared goal to produce everything to last for 25 years. That's why if you look at a 30 years old fridge made in Hungary or In the DDR you'll find that the original (factory installed) small light bulb is probably still working in it.

In the early 80's there was a trade fair where western and East-German engineers met. The latter introduced their new invention (long lasting light bulb with 25 years of warranty) to the public. The western ones said: you'll loose your jobs and get out of businness. The eastern ones said no, we will keep our businness while saving resources at the same time. The wall fell several years after. The light bulb company was sold the the West and closed down. Now I'm buying Osram, Tungsram and Philips light bulbs every 2 years for my Bosch-Lehel fridge. :-/ F*ck that. I don't want my children to grow up in this world. And if I'm saying this, with a comfortable and relatively wealthy living standard, what should the millions in poverty say in Africa, especially Ghana, where 90 % of the electronic equipment trash lands in untreated landfills that are so vast that you can only see their borders with satellites?

Viessmann is one of the best producers for gas boilers, furnaces. When a small rubber sealing ring broke, you could earlier buy it for 5 euros and get it replaced cheaply. Now their latest models have two modules, called upper module and bottom module. The small rubber ring is located in the bottom module. When it fails, you have to buy the whole module for 235 euros. The old module goes to the junk. They don't even collect it back.

I could write some 40 more such examples just from everyday life. Excuse me Mr. Europe, if I don't care about the cookie.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024