Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Chicken
on 2012-02-21
15:57:53
 Re: The first sidcard released 1990 by Nino

Stuff in parenthesis are annotations by the translator wink Here we go...

Hi everybody!

(I skip the first line cause Nino's just thanking me for translating this wink Btw, this is something I really like about our little scene: there's always someone willing to translate happy )

Some personal info from Nino: I'm Italian but living here in Northrhine-Westfalia (it's one of the states in the west of Germany) since 1966. I'm a trained motor mechanic but have always been interested in electronics.

I started of with a SID 6581, on the plus/4 this worked without an external psu. For the C16 an external psu was required. My last version used the SID 8580.

Base address was $fd40. In the beginning I even switched of the plus/4's 8551 to try if it works without TTLs (It's not 100% clear how this line is meant). It's really easy to change the base address.

Addressing/chipselect just required a 74133 and a 7404.

(Then there's a list of users who were interested in this SID card in 1990. Among them are some familiar names if you've been around at that time you'll remember some of them from magazines like Computer Flohmarkt and your local swappers wink )

Mizkunaz-Electronik in Oberotterbach (corrected wink ) was going to distribute the SID-Card and tested it.

Why am I coming up with this now - or 4 years ago? Once plus/4, always plus/4 happy And I don't want any money. I just want that ppl know about this and can have it for free. I'm sorry for not coming back again after posting 4 years ago.

I'm scanning everything and select pictures... see you later!

Next one...

Hi fans!
I just uploaded some stuff:

http://netload.in/dateiwpkeyo5x1Z/Sidkarte C16-Plus4 By Scala.rar.htm

Have fun with this and if you have any questions, don't be angry if I need some time to reply. I'm promising I won't disappear like I did 4 years ago.

PS
I know, I slept like a bear for way too long.

Regards,
Nino

Also search for my game Galli on YouTube!

(I did ;) )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-12YtS6DUSw

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024