Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-08-14
 Just to say Hello

Hi All,

I'm back from vacation and back to work... What did I miss? wink So it's time to update this site and get the Plus/4 life moving. I've posted the news about CI70 today, good mag. So nice to know that Erich still keeps working at it... He's a determined fellow for sure. Anyway, over at the german guys at www.c16.de some stuff is happening too, y'all should check it out.

Ran the crawler again, it collected like 60 new links. Whew, there is still so much stuff to add. We now have around 2222, but when I look through the unlisted stuff (especially things from the D64 recall), I think there's easily 3000 pieces of software, to say the least. Well, I'll keep working at it.

Also I don't think I've "announced" this publicly yet, but there a few new fields that were added to each program. They are: "Distribution", this can be commercial or freeware. Next one is "Price", this of course is only entered for commercial programs (it's nice to see the original suggested retail price.) Look at the details of this one for an example. We also have the "Play on-line" feature back from Lando's old pages. For now it's only Arthur Noid.

We should probably put up a new poll as well. Any suggestions on that one?

Well that's my monologue for today. Plus/4 Rulez Forever happy

p.s.: did anyone find Cross Motor too difficult?

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-08-15
 Price??!!

I understand the thought, but a newcomer to the site may misunderstand why you list a price on the program's information listing. It gives the idea that they will be charged for the download.

You may wish to word it as "Original Retail Price" or "When New, This Sold For" to help distinguish that this price is from the mid-80's.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-08-15
 Hey Csabo

How is your Plus/4 holding up? Have you had much chance to use it?

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-08-15
 To JamesC

You are right, I should change that about the price. The Plus/4 is fine, I guess... I really didn't have time to use it that much, unfortunately. Right now we are preparing for a move, so all my Plus/4 stuff had to be put aside. But at my new place, it will have it's own table happy Also, coming back from Hungary, I bought with my all the rest of my old floppy disks (over 100). I didn't have time to start backing up from it yet, but I'm sure some rare stuff will turn up...

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024