Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csio
on 2011-12-01
09:03:28
 Re: SID-card scheme?

BSZ's words :

A postazassal igazabol meg nem volt idom / energiam foglalkozni, de kezd korvonalazodni a dolog. Mivel a cucc meglehetosen konnyu / kicsi (meg mereseket nem vegeztem, de tuti fel kilo alatt van... ), igy "level" parameterbe meg belefer, valoszinuleg posta lesz a vegeredmeny, nem futar. A postai arak 2000 HUF alattiak ekkora sulynal, DE ebben nincs ertekbiztositas, azt meg meg kell kerdeznem hogy hogyan megy, ill. mennyi. Dobozt meg nem talaltam, de valoszinuleg csinalok majd sajatot... Ez a "dobozka" majd bekerul egy "buborekos" boritekba, igy lesz kuldve. De barkinek barmilyen otlete van, azt szivesen hallgatom am!

A kerdesre a valasz: a nyakon a 44 polusu csatlakozo egy jovobeni bovites lehetosege, a Plus/4 Expansion port van kozvetlenul rakotve. Az Expansion 50 polusabol 3 nincs bekotve, a 4 db. GND-bol csak 2 maradt, ill. a ROM kivalaszto jelekbol a CS0/CS1 nincs kidrotozva. (De ezek egy kulso ROM-boviteshez nem is kellenek, a Plus/4 eredeti ROM-BANK logikaja "eleg jo", azt nincs ertelme szerintem modositgatni.) Igy az 50 labbol lejon 3+2+2, az 43. Az meg mar elfer a 44 polusu csatin. (Ami "szabvany", legalabbis maga a 2x22 pol. 2mm-es raszteru csatlakozo, ui. ezt hasznaljak a regi 2.5"-es PATA HDD-k, DE eszebe se jusson senkinek erre azt rakotni... )

Udv: BSZ

Re: SID-card scheme?

BSZ's words :

I haven't had time / energy to deal with the mailing, but the process is starting to finalize. Since the stuff is very light / small (I haven't measure it, but I'd bet it's under 0.5 kg), it qualifies as "lettermail", so I can probably mail it via the post office instead of a courier. The postal cost is under 2000 HUF for this weight, BUT that doesn't include insurance, I have to ask how to do that and how much it costs. I haven't found a box yet, but I'll probably make my own... The box will go into a bubble envelope, and that's how they'll be sent. But if someone has a better idea, I'm all ears!

Answer to the question: the 44 pin plug on the PCB is for future expansion, it's directly connected to the Plus/4 expansion port. Out of the 50 pins on the expansion port 3 aren't wired, out of the 4 GND I left only 2, and from the ROM select signal CS0/CS1 is not connected. (But these are not needed for an external ROM expansion, the Plus/4's original ROM-BANK logic is "good enough", I don't think it makes sense to modify that.) So from the original 50 we take off 3+2+2, which leaves 43. That can fit on the 44 pin connector. (Which is "stanard", at least the 2x22 pin 2mm connector, since the old 2.5"-es PATA HDD uses it as well, BUT don't even think about connecting those...)

Greets: BSZ

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024