Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2011-09-05
16:33:55
 Re: Great Giana Sisters

Ha, in Basic is is simplier happy (or maybe looks like for an amateur, haha)
I just trying, that just put with GSHAPE the bitmap to the preferred place with a XOR, then I got a picture like with a sprite. When I want to move again, XOR again the same bitmap to remove it (restore original background) then define new position anx XOR it again.
Only problems:
-I am still not fully tested, how it will really work on multicolor GFX in all the cases. I am afraid I cannot prevent color clashes in this way, only in case sprite containy only Color 0 and Color3 then I am very much limited on the GFX color initial settings...
-GSHAPE is slow like hell. Austrospeed seems not turboing it. I will do a second trial with FOR and POKEs, maybe that is faster, but less "nice" code and nd more work from me. sih...
-I dunno if in assembly EOR can play the same role. Idea: EOR the bytes of your character to the bitmap. You have the spirte "copied". If you need pixel-fine movement, you may first EOR the bytes of the character again (remove it), then shift the character as much as you want (or use any of the previously saved position) and EOR it again. It is just theory...

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024