Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

retroscener
on 2011-07-19
07:09:26
 Re: Richard Ikin on 1942...and Space Ace/Harrier?

Thanks, it just came as a complete surprise, someone else had actually asked about Harrier first which I answered, and that's probably how it started, so when he mentioned 1942 in particular and Space Ace, I had to ask more questions. If I didn't, I'm sure someone else would've happy

Anyway, while on topic of GTW's, I may have mentioned it before here a longtime back. I once did a search around for the lost Ocean games, but I had no luck with the Ocean forum.

Am I the only person in the world who clearly remembers Roland's Rat Race and Daley Thompson's Decathlon (as well as the ones we all know about) advertised for the C16 (as plussy4 wasn't yet released) in a 1984 christmas home shopping catalogue with photos of the game covers with the Commodore 16 logo, exactly the same as the other 2 lost Ocean games that were in there too?

I remember that the release dates the catalogue gave was all TBA. All the games were eventually released on the other systems in 1985, just not ours.

Except that it's logical to assume that Daley Thompson's Decathlon was later turned into Daley Thompson's Star Events. But Roland wasn't even mentioned in that early Commodore User ad.

Roland is indeed so much a GTW that I seem to be the only one who actually recalls it's existence lol. I feel that as well as the other Ocean games (discounting Decathlon/Star Events), they will more likely forever remain a complete mystery.

About old mutha Hubbard. Legend on the C64, and I think that's the one place he'll always be remembered for, especially after listening to that Sega Genesis track. Proof that less is more.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024