Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

(unknown)
on 2002-07-29
 Plus 4 Games Spreadsheet

I was wanting to know if there is a spreadsheet containing all the games & info about all the games that were made for the plus 4. I know that I can get this all at this web site, but I am wanting to make up my own database containing this info.

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-07-29

To be honest I would'nt of thought there is a full games/info release list for the C16/Plus4.

Too much happend inbetween the 300 or so known commercial releases from 1984-89, some lost for ever, maybe forgotten about... Not even we have the full listing here, maybe 80% who knows???

Would be nice to see one thats for sure!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-07-29
 Spreadsheet

The database the drives this website can be easily exported into an Excel spreadsheet. That would give you our huge listing of more than 2200 pieces of software, with information on category, dates, language, size of the program, creators, notes etc. But you said that you want to make up your own database, right? So do it! This one here is years of hard work by us. You have no idea of how many untold ours I've spent on this, researching each piece one by one and entering it.

ps. sign your name next time.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-07-29
 More on this

Yes, my friends, this here is the most complete list of C16 Plus4 programs ever. And it's only here because we are doing this. Wake up, there are no official lists anywhere, no-one cares about this machine except us.

There's the UVL (Universal Videogame List) for example: they list 561 games.

There's the pouet.net demosite listing, there are only 15 demos on it (13 entered by me).

Look at the C64 scene, so many websites, none complete. So much effort is wasted, because it's scattered around instead of united. Rather than starting your own, you should join us and contribute here. This site is not about getting credit for our work, it's to have and preserve this information.

If you think about it, you will realize how much effort it would be to start a complete list of your own...

Posted By

James
on 2002-07-29
 Spreadsheet

I just want to say that I did not mean any disrespect when I asked for the info. I have looked through this site with great enjoyment, and reminised about the times I once lovingly played on my plus 4 when I was young. Bringing back all those memories of christmas times and the like. It is woderful to find people that still love and care about this wonderful machine that commodore once produced. I think your site is the best, and I mean that truthfully.
What I was wanting to make a database for, or even be able to import some of the info you have, is so I can make a basic database of the games and be able to get info and then just click on the game, within my database, and it'll launch the emulator and be able to play the game without having to download it or just running it from a directory with no info etc. Also I was wanting to put this database on a CD so I can take it round to show my dad, who doesn't have an internet connection, I mean not having a internet connection in this day and age what's he like?
Again, just to point out that this site is truyly awsome, and I am glad there are still people who love this computer as much as me. Thanks again. James.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-07-30
 I would like to point out

that the original post was not mine but of someone else named James.

I have a mostly complete list of Commodore US Plus/4 and C16 software on my site: Click Me!. Note that this list includes only what Commodore had released for this machine in North America, and definately differs from what Commodore UK and Commodore GmbH offered.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-07-30
 Local Database

To James: wouldn't that be a lot of work? I mean if you only want to run the games, just download them to and write them to CD-ROM. I use YAPE and I have it set up so that double-clicking a file opens the game...

Posted By

James
on 2002-07-30
 Spreadsheet

I think what I am going to do it just take all the games that I am familiar with and create the database with those, to start with. I wasn't really wanting to create a complete database but just one that will appeal to myself and is easy to launch the game from. BTW how to you setup yape to automatically launch the game when you double click or select it from windows?
Again thanks for listening and replying. And more importantly keep up the excellent work!!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-07-30
 YAPE

Well, I did it the long way (being a programmer I like to fiddle around with the registry). However, in the latest version of YAPE, this is actually built in. Run Yape, go to File and click File Associations. Check all three checkboxes, then OK. It's that simple!

Did you know that if you save one of our webpages as an HTML (e.g. this one) Excel will be able to import it, and it recognises the table? That could give you a head start...

Posted By

James
on 2002-07-31
 import

Thanks for your tip on the spreadsheet, that should help. I tried the yape trick as well and all worked fine. Thanks again.

Posted By

mike
on 2002-07-31
 (no topic)

Minus4w does it too you know... happy

Posted By

Mosh
on 2002-08-03
 I found this to be interesting...

If you have a look here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1370476147, this guy is listing a Plus4 with a bunch of games I'm pretty sure were released for the Amstrad CPC464:

Listing states:
Here's the plus 4 still in original box with all the leads, tape deck and the following boxed games.· Snooker · Tau Ceti · Ace Of Aces (Flying Game) · Rock Star Ate My Hamster · Lazer Wheel · F16 Combat Pilot · Pub Games (Including Darts and Table Football) · SAS Combat Simulator · Predator · Ghostbusters · Batman (The Caped Crusader) · Blade Runner · Yabba Dabba Doo ! · Dragon ninja · Renegade · Out Run · Agent X II · Roll around · Hyper bowl · Hyper Biker · High Frontier · Quake Minus One · America's Cup Challenge · The Chernobyl Syndrome · Operation Wolf · Slaine from 2000AD · Yogi Bear · Las Vegas Video Poker · Hi-Q-Quiz · Jet-Power Jack · T.K.O Boxing · WEC Le Mans 24 · Solo Flight · Shoot-em-up Construction Kit · Last Ninja 2 · The Tolkien Trilogy · The President Is Missing

Am I missing something, or am I pretty sure almost none of the above listed games are C16/Plus4 games?

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-08-03
 Yes your right,

I know many of these games were released on many other platforms but none of them were released for the C16/Plus4.

My guess is they are all Commodore 64 games...

The guy does'nt even state hes tested the machine. He might be hoping that some one does'nt know any better will snap it up? wink

Posted By

Hans
on 2012-07-20
03:07:12
 Re: Plus 4 Games Spreadsheet

Well, my forum search for the game "Solo Flight" leads me to this thread which took place 10 years ago ....

At any rate: I just received a faulty datasette which I bought for spares. Included was the manual (German) for the flight simulator "Solo Flight", C64 version.

Is anybody here aware whether this program has been by any chance converted to Commodore 264 ? I assume if it ever has been done then probably for 64 kB only. The manual looks really complex.

Reg's,
Hans.

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-07-20
06:45:22
 Re: Plus 4 Games Spreadsheet

Solo Flight was never released for 264.

Around 99% of all commercial releases are on the site in one form or another be it download or logged as missing software that was never released. Not many have escaped peoples attentions although there could still be a handful people have never seen before yet to make an appearance. Still some surprises left out there. wink

If your after flight simulation then ACE +4 or Jump Jet might be of interest if you have not seen them already.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024