Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

PINMAN
on 2002-07-23
 Having big problems with keyboard control

Hi all.
No matter which plus 4 emulator i try,i just can't seem to fathom out which keys do what(refering to left ightupdown movement).It appears that different games use different keys to perform the same tasks.So if this is the case,how do people know which games use what keys?.After trying out several games,i would say that i'm only being able to play about 10% of them,due to this problem .Is there not an emulator that allows people to redefine their own keys?.Please could someone try and give me some answers.Sorry if this is a dumb question,but although i've used quite a few different emulators for several other platforms,this is a problem that i've not come across until now.Thanks in advance for any help given.

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-07-24
 There is only 1 Plus4 emu with key-redefine.

It's for Amiga called CP4.

Redefine would'nt fix the problem direct as only a small amount of games use keys eg.(Molecule Man). Remember this is a computer and not a games machine with 6 buttons, Start, up, down, left, right as standard wink If you've ever used VICE or CCS64 then all Plus4 emus work along the same lines....

Here's your problem. Plus4 has 4 arrow keys just like a PC and they work in the same way (move text cursor around the screen). As you would exspect the PC arrow keys do just that normally as a defult. The emu's have options to change the arrow keys to a joystick where RIGHT CTRL is fire or in the case of YAPE Num-PAD 0. The Plus4 has 2 joystick ports and unlike C64/Amiga using port 2 as a kind of standard the C16/Plus4 used a combination of the 2. So some games you will have to swap joy ports.

You should find atlest 80% of the games will work from PC arrow keys once you've setup the joystick option and correct port.

regards,

Posted By

mike
on 2002-07-24
 (no topic)

Yeah, I know.... plug in a joystick, and it all goes away happy

Posted By

PINMAN
on 2002-07-24
 (no topic)

Thanks for your help Lando happy .I wasn't aware that by changing the joystick options,it would make any difference to the keyboard controls.Shows you how much i know lol.Anyway,after a bit of experimenting with the joystick port,i've actually managed to get quite a few more games to a playable state now.Just to be able to play Squirm again for the first time in god knows how many years,has made it worth downloading and setting up the emulator.Thanks once again for the help wink.

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-07-25
 :-)

No worrys. Also as Mike said PC joysticks/pads are supported by the emu's which makes it all one step closer to the real thing wink

Cheers.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024