Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2011-04-07
01:38:35
 Re: Converting gfx made on PC

Hi,
it is the Multibotticelli. It is an icon command based native multicolor drawing tool for plus/4 , developped in Hungary some 25 years ago (sold in the shops too). I think it is (especially due to it's GEOS-like GUI) the best drawing program for normal multicolor pictures on Plus/4. You can download it from Plus/4 World.
In the past I used Microillustrator, but finally I found this one to be much better.
It is very good for "pixel-hunting", I mean during convertion there is always 1 or 2 (OK, some dozens of) pixels "not OK" has to be corrected manually. With this tool it is easy, as it has eg. color cycle mode, not changing the colors, just can test, if any of the already set 4 colors would better fit for that pixel than the one currently set (I hope I was clear)

There is a version for "normal" bitmats too, called just Botticelli. I do not use that version due to color limitations happy

Despite there are some good PC-based picture drawing cross-tools, I still prefer this one, as being one of the most comfortable and easy tool.
Via Plus4Emu it is very good to work with, if you setup a D64 disc (or 3-4), and use the Dirmaster application to move to and from the files for PC.

Also with Quality3 Display setting the picture looks the same as on a CRT TV/monitor, I mean Plus4Emu "washes" the colors together, causing much nicer color transitions than on "normal" LCD TV I use now (32" LCD) happy I have a clue, how it will really look like, hehe.

The only disadvantage, that the saved file is not useable at once from BASIC program, it has to be reallocated in the memory, and few color bits to be swapped (for guys using assembly, it is not a big problem). For this conversion any of the cross-tools is OK, if you do not like the built-in TED monitor commands...) Csabo Editor is one of the best for this, though sometimes after opening the picture it corrupts it by drawing a loooong line across the picture (at least on my PC), then just try again...

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024