Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2011-04-06
18:24:20
 Re: Converting gfx made on PC

Csio,
I think this package if for all, includes the sourse code too. Just unzip the complete package into a folder with a newer eg. WinRar, and you will have the FLIconvGUI.EXE there, together with Plus4EMU. No install needed. I just tried it out, and working properly.

Istvan, Only one more thing: I could never really decode, how at the color setting the 255 numbers fit to our most liked 121 colors? I always had problems to properly set these colors, and especially with mouse from the bed is horrible happy
Is there no way to adjust/show it in hexadecimal way? Then at least I know and able to follow, what does the left and right numbers mean (left one could be the brightness 0-7, while the right is $0-F). Sorry, I am really bad in counting in head... And the 255 value also confuses me: it is bright green. Why?
Possibly the color and brightness setting may happen in two separated fields, though it would make the GUI wider, and little less standardized...

Just for fun: some "normal" 160x200 multicolor pictures I converted with Istvan's tool and played with them a little (I think the converter did a great job):

http://my.opera.com/MMSZoli/albums/show.dml?id=6763602

(Screenshots made from Plus4EMU display output with Quality3 setting. I cannot test them yet with a real HW, I am waiting for my floppy drive right now :-)
I think Quality 3 setting shows rather faithfully, how a CRT TV showed my pictures (as I remember) )

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024