Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

retroscener
on 2011-03-04
10:03:54
 Nice Finds on Ebay (or anywhere) Anyone?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230587375909

My new 64K ram cartridge just arrived today. £28 inc P&P. Not bad and works a treat. Booted up with the usual 60671 Bytes Free and loaded up Treasure Island with no problems.

I took some clearer photos today. The first snap is while it's plugged into the C16.

This isn't listed anywhere on your hardware database, and there are no manufacturing marks anywhere on the label or the casing, and the case itself has no screws to open it. It came from Hungary. Possibly custom made?

Posted By

siz
on 2011-03-04
10:24:54
 Re: Nice Finds on Ebay (or anywhere) Anyone?

I don't think that it's custom made. I have one which looks exactly the same. wink
I've checked my gallery: altough the casing looks exactly the same the sticker is different on it.
The case pops open with some (gentle!) force without screws. I took a picture of both sides of the PCB. It looks like it was handmade in small series.

Posted By

TLC
on 2011-03-04
17:54:02

AFAIK this module has been made by Szintetorg GM. It's been one of those handful of expansion modules tested in an early issue of C= Újság (1986 or so)... that's where I remember it from. (I do own one myself, too... I received it as a gift from someone.)

Posted By

retroscener
on 2011-03-04
20:08:22

Thanks guys. I knew if anyone could identify it, you could. I can now put a name to it happy

I've been after an external ram cartridge for years, well since 1985. These are more handy than an internal expansion as I don't have the knowledge to fix my expanded C16 if any chips eventually blew. Although the guy who upgraded mine said he reset the chips in a way that they should last a lot longer. So this cartridge is my backup as all I would need then is a regular C16 if my expanded system does blow. The C16 I tested this on is fast on it's way out now.

I've tried to pry the case open, but it's not budging (I don't want to risk breaking it). Please can you show me these photos you took Siz?

Right now I'm keeping watch on a tape to tape adapter for my C64. All I'll need then is an adapter to plug this (and my C64 tape emulator) into my C16 cassette port. Is it possible to copy C16/+4 tape games onto another tape using the C2N's from my C64 still?

Posted By

Chronos
on 2012-09-25
11:24:41

commodore plus4 ntsc:
commodore plus4

xu1541:
xu 1541 prebuilt

another plussy:
commodore plus4

sd2iec prebuilt:
sd2iec prebuilt

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-09-25
12:42:12

ebay.co.uk
Link: Commodore 16 vintage starter pack complete new and unused

Shame I got one, had one... I mean I use it lol.

Posted By

Chronos
on 2012-12-27
11:04:22

hey! look what i found! everybody has lcd monitor(s) and it seems to be a cheap and professional way to send/upscale video out from the commie:

CGA/EGA/YUV TO VGA converter one VGA output arcade game

Features
(1) Supports CGA/EGA/YUV signal input.
(2) Supports VGA output 640*480,800*600,1024*768,1360*768
(3) CGA/EGA signal auto scan(15K,24K,31K)
(4) YUV signal auto scan(480i,576i,720i,1080i,480p,576p,720p,1080p)
(5) Chinese and English OSD.
(6) Supports position control & zoom control.
(7) True digital 24-bit A/D converter for true 16.7-million color conversion.
(8) Supports all VGA monitor (CRT?LCD?PDP?PROJECT……)

Just 30 bucks! Have anybody heard/tried this already?

HERE

Can i use with composite or just RGB.. can i use with a commodore plus4 or c64?

TLC told me its not ok for us, because there is no Composite input..

Posted By

MIK
on 2012-12-28
06:53:38

You might be better of with something like this???

S-Video & Comp Video to HDMI.

ebay.co.uk Upscaler Up-scale 3RCA AV CVBS S-vide to HDMI 1080p video converter , item in UK

Please note I know nothing about upscaler's and found this from a quick search, both S-video & Comp is perfect for C16/Plus4 but have no idea of the quality the upscaled image might be.

Posted By

MMS
on 2012-12-28
18:48:33

sorry, i do not get the point spending 50bucks to see plussy picture on monitor. i have my plussy picture on my 32" lcd tv without trouble by using the DIN-->SCART cable well available and much cheaper. It just connects composite output to the proper pin. Several newer monitors have side contact with both svideo and composite input too. And any lcd tv is able to get the DVI picture from pc via HDMI socket, cable costs 5-10euro. Maybe changing the monitor is a cheaper solution (get a used but better branded= 40-60euro)

Posted By

Chronos
on 2012-12-30
07:59:04

i've lcd tv, but i will use it mainly for watching tv. i thinking about a solution that i can use on many fields even with a projector, or with a cheap used lcd monitor, or carry it to parties.. i have a small lcd tv too its good but its not perfect..

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024