Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

retroscener
on 2011-02-08
17:41:31
 Re: "Yie ar Kung Fu" on the c16. What a dissapointment!

Yie Ar Kung-Fu looks so great on the screenshots, but it just plays bad. The collision detection makes it too easy to complete overall. I managed to beat the game without losing a life using one move which now sits embarrasingly on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlOmWYnukFY

But the worst aspect has to be the pointless tape multiload. I believe that if like Elite's Bombjack, they kept it as a single load but having 2 versions, one on each side of the tape with a different backdrop then they could've quite easily fit it all in and have the game loop over.

As arcade conversions go, we haven't been lucky. Hyper Sports is pretty chronic especially with the original tape multiload, and Ghosts'n'Goblins is arguably even worse than Green Beret which was at least finished, so GnG gets my vote for the worst conversion of all.

Our best probably being Ikari Warriors, which Commando should've been. Bombjack isn't as bad as some make out, and Paperboy could've been a lot worse too although no obstacle course. There is also Gridtrap which is actually an old 1983 coin-op called Checkman which is good fun.

But we have quite a number of games too which absolutely tears strips of it's C64 version, or at least matches it.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024