Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Gazza
on 2002-07-20
 Plus 4 and sticky keys

Anyone got a suggestion for stopping the keys on my Plus/4 sticking/not responding without a thump ?

I've opened up the keyboard and cleaned the pcb, which helped a lot but it's still not perfect.

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-07-20
 Sorry I can't help :-(

This is a unique feature of the Plus/4 and maybe a design fault because so many keyboards went down so quick in the same way - a freinds went within 2 years from new

I have never looked into fixing one and have been lucky so far.

Posted By

BushRat
on 2002-07-20
 Contact Pads

When you had the keys seperated from the PCB back (you usually have to unsolder that Shift-Lock key leads) did you use a Q-tip and alcohol to clean the black conductive pads that make the actual switch contact? That always worked for me.

Posted By

Stuart Wilson
on 2002-07-20
 Plus 4 Keyboard problems..............

I know this doesnt help you but...........

The same thing happened to my first Plus 4. I tried everything but didnt succeed so I ended up having to buy a new one from ebay for only £25!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't realise how common this problem was until I started reading on the net from other Plus 4 owners who's machines wound up with the same 'keyboard' problem.

Stuart

Posted By

Gazza
on 2002-07-20
 My SX-64 has the same problem

Thanks for your thoughts...

Although I cleaned the PCB, I didn't touch the rubber key contacts.

My SX-64 is having the same problem (after 15 odd years) - the keyboard looks very similar to the Plus/4. Strangely, my even older Vic-20 and C-64 work perfectly well (better keyboard design?)

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-07-21
 Re: Better keyboard design

Sure your right there because my 2 C16's have stood the test of time along side my C64's.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024