Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

indi
on 2010-12-06
15:54:49
 Facebook

What's the chances of getting the SHARE and LIKE from facebook on here? I'd love to be able to share the "PLAY NOW" games on there, there's some brill ones available on PLAY NOW.

Posted By

Chris
on 2010-12-06
16:31:11
 Re: Facebook

Definitely a good idea. Am sure there are plenty of us that would share the good cause on fb.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2010-12-06
21:35:11

Technically it's not a big effort to add the like button, but there are probably some other reasons against it.

Instead of going into those (which is a very off-topic discussion), I'd like to mention that sharing the Plus/4 World URLs (of any game, demo, etc) is already possible via Facebook. Are you guys okay with just doing that?

Posted By

indi
on 2010-12-07
03:21:35

The share and like buttons are pretty well known and much less hassle. If it's a single "CLICK" then folk will do it, if you have to copy a URL, then go into facebook and insert a new link, then paste...blah blah... It's all a barrier to use.

I'd like to think those that come here from facebook might also start clicking LIKE etc. so I think it's well worth doing....

Posted By

Chicken
on 2010-12-07
15:00:42

Ppl are even too lazy to click once. So why go through the trouble? Ppl who really care about plus/4 wouldn't/shouldn't mind copying a URL. (Come on, it's just two clicks really.)

Furthermore, a "LIKE" is not really the kind of involvement I'd wish for.

You don't even need to register here to post in the forum and how many non-regular ppl post?

And why screw up the site's look and feel for a questionable feature? Honestly, I'd rather not see them here (of course that's just my own point of view).

Posted By

indi
on 2010-12-07
16:57:55

Just because it's not for you doesn't mean it's not for anyone else. I click "SHARE" and "LIKE" on things all the time, and I think if I were to do so with games folk can play in a browser, it might actually bring more of them into the site - which can only be good! Even if it doesn't, lots of my friends grew up with older machines and would love to play some of these games, and sharing them on Facebook is an ideal way.

Like I say... if you don't like it (no pun intended), you don't have to use it....

Also... if I do just cut the URL and share that in Facebook, there's no images associated with it, making it a fairly bland thing for folk to read/look at. Perhaps the "Play Now" could have some of the images along the bottom, so these sites can pick them up?

The title is also just "Play Online - Plus/4 World" rather than the name of the game... all these things make the "current" method a little pooh.

Posted By

Chicken
on 2010-12-07
17:46:33

As I said, it's really just my own point of view.

For me it's not about not using it (=ignoring it, which I do where I have to), it's actually about not wanting it (here). I wouldn't have taken the time to post this if I wouldn't care.

How about a poll on this? It's about time for a new one anyway. And if more ppl like "SHARE" and "LIKE" I hope it's just ignored (old poll tradition wink ).

Posted By

Csabo
on 2010-12-07
19:32:18

Changing the title on the Play Online page is a fair request. That page was always an afterthought, so it's not as polished as some of the other pages.

Even if you did share a page, I don't it should be that - it's should be the main page of the game/demo. That one does have everything (thumbnails, title, all the details, etc) and even a link to play the game online.

Posted By

MIK
on 2010-12-08
04:14:50

You will not find me on facebook unless my woman posts a picture without me knowing lol.

Not really into Facebook because people use it as if it was twitter which they should use the later and I don't do twitter. This new found bull is just that, 10 years ago we were posting on forums, same thing. Before that Bulletin Boards Systems.

It's not my fault the world lags behind and takes over with spammy trash and everyone who has never used a computer thinks it's good!! If it was not for Plus/4 none of them would be here haha! Don't make me mad!!! You know what I mean.

wink

Facebook is fun until unwanted family members start sniffing about and then your forced to say hello.

Posted By

indi
on 2010-12-08
05:41:41

I don't think it should be on the game/demo page, because a lot of folk who will follow the link won't then like the experience of searching for the PLAY NOW stuff. Hell, I can't find it half the time. I think if it goes directly to the playing game, then you can certainly link back. I think it would be a great way to get new folk to come and play games.

My father in law used to be a huge spectrum games player, but has no idea about how to use sites like these; but give him a page where the game is there, and ready to play.... and he'd love it.

@Chicken: I really don't see the issue with having the SHARE or LIKE there... do you think it'll spoil the sleek black lines or something? It's like anything else... don't like it? don't use it. I don't use the many visual styles the forums/site has, so I simply don't use them, I don't ask for it to be taken away...?!?!?

Personally, I think anything to bring new gamers into the site is a good thing, and if they like a game... they might then SHARE it too, so the simpler the better.

*shrug*

If it's such an issue, stick a "FACEBOOK OFF" in the user options....?

Posted By

MIK
on 2010-12-08
10:12:33

Don't mind me. Not a fan of facebook but no harm either if any site has links, buttons or options linked to anything such as FB or twitter. Just saying out loud my thoughts. happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024