Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

TLC
on 2010-11-27
14:28:29
 Re: SID-card scheme?

Did copy and give a try to GEOS 3.5 today.

It doesn't appear to have any extra input drivers included on the disks. It did work from joystick, port 2, but the list of available input devices (menu executed either from pull-down menu or C= + I ) was empty (similarly to BSZ's experiment).

I'd doubt that the code detects the absence of keyboard and/or joysticks just in order to enable a slightly rare interface + input device combo (let alone how that could theoretically be possible to do at all... I mean how could you detect the _absence_ of a joystick?...). Another source of doubt is the date of GEOS 3.5 distribution... info says it's been created in 1985 (seven years before the first production run of Solders SID card). 1351 support could then be only possible if someone had already hacked the GEOS distribution that we have, in order to include SID card + 1351 support.

Also, the code doesn't seem to reference either of $fd59, $fd5a, or $fd80.

That's sad, but it doesn't look like it ever supported the SID + 1351 combo... (although it should be possible to write one... anyone with strong GEOS programming knowledge on C64?...)

@gerliczer: yes, the original design has been mine (the serial mouse version). The PS/2 version was created by someone from Russia (I didn't know him previously) on top of my design. Also, AFAIR Jim Brain (Brain Innovations) has been fiddling with a similar design (I don't know if that one succeeded at the end).

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024