Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Degauss
on 2010-10-18
06:40:15
 Re: Plus/4 2.0

I'm very ambivalent about this topic. I never liked SID-cards or 256KB-expansions or other hardware enhancements for the plus/4. Even requiring 64Kb in your software locks out a lot of the (already not very numerous) 264-users .

On the other hand i rarely fire up the real iron and do most of my stuff in the emulator. Whereas i think its pretty lame to make demos that require 4 times the speed of the real machine i still think it might be useful for utility-applications. A "this is yape"-flag could help to - say - create a better handling of keystrokes in full speed mode.

p.s.: One more thing about my dislike of HW-mods...
Its frustrating on other platforms aswell: Where do you get an 68060-AGA-Amiga with lots of ram today? Ok, you need some dough and some time with ebay...

Sounds paradox but you'll enter the deepest abyss when you try to run some PC-Demos. Its a science of its own kind to run old DOS demos - even today my hair stands on end just like back then when i read or hear "dos extender", "soundblaster" or "gravis ultrasound". It didn't got any better ever since: "Got DX10? Great, but hm, wait. Did i hear ATI? Sorry, wrong company, go away..."

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024