Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

TLC
on 2010-10-04
15:50:11
 Re: SID-card scheme?

Bionic: IRL Balázs is a longtime digital circuit and embedded software developer and designer... he has been doing 65xx, Z80, PIC, AVR, and 68k based stuff for about fifteen years or so now (...to give you an idea... some time ago I told him that I had just stumbled upon an old stock of 20MHz 68030 chips offered below 2€ per unit, and he replied that he could have avoided fiddling with Freescale's 68SEC000 processors completely, had he known about that stock three years ago)... and AFAIK he works for a company partly owned by himself, that has been healthily up and running for the past ten or so years... While I appreciate your knowledge in the field, I guess I can assure you that he definitely knows what he's doing. ...And whilst the pics appear prototype-ish, he tells us that he did that board + cpld code in about a weekend and a day... not bad (lots of wires to solder on microprocessor based boards = lots of time + work, and he also had to do some of the CPLD code... and the prototype already works, including the SID clocking, which doesn't need any hacks involving slow standard CMOS logics anymore... compared to the time invested, I'd call that an achievement).

...And I'm also not really sure that inducing flames here would be a good idea, to say the least... sorry to say that.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024