Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Chicken
on 2010-09-07
14:42:39
 Re: SID-card scheme?

I really would like if the card would be compatible to Solder's card (joyport/readable registers) even if there aren't that many programs using this feature. Anything creating a new "standard" would be kinda counter productive.
Also, I'd prefer to go for the classic $fd40 (and $fe80) registers. These are those that ppl have been using in all SID-card productions so far. Same for readable registers... True 1351 support is only possible with them.

About the clock: Nice to have the original C64 clock but that should be an extra (maybe set via jumper/switch) and not mandatory. Even if the old SID card "sounded" differently compared to the native C64 tune. Original compositions (e.g. using TLC's sidwinder) can take care of this anyway happy

Also another important issue is sample output via $d418 when using a new SID. Solder's card used the "standard" fix to make this possible. But this introduces some noise, too. Are there better ways to do this?

The (headphone) amp on Solder's card I could do without. Active desktop speakers are common these days and I rather have a un-noisy line-out than a noisy headphone amp.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024