Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2010-08-10
09:41:40
 Re: Searchin' for a char editor...

Hey George,

I don't think anyone is offended by you question about a BASIC programming environment. I get the idea. However, as far as I know, no such thing exists.

I've been trying to wrap my mind around what it would take to do something like that. (I wrote Plus4IDE, which I would say is a comfortable programming environment, but unfortunately for machine language. It doesn't support BASIC.) Sure, copying around large chunks of code would be convenient. Would we use labels instead of line numbers though? (That would need special markup.) Or would there be some kind of automatic line numbering system? Properly reproducing the font, especially typing control and C= characters would also be problematic. Bottom line: for now, I think you're stuck with the built in BASIC. With some planning ahead, you should be fine though.

Other random stuff: go Delphi happy Sorry about not chiming in to this thread earlier, but I'm here now. I love adventure games, BASIC or otherwise (wrote my share of them) and I hope you really follow through with this. If you need support, ideas, etc., I'd also be happy to help.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024