Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

plbyrd
on 2010-07-21
17:15:37
 CBM-Command Version 1.5 Released

http://cbmcommand.codeplex.com

! Release Version 1.5 - Stable
This version encompases many enhancements and improvements of existing functionality, as well as inclusion of new target platforms (VIC 20, Plus 4) and features (D81 support, Configuration Color Picker).

! New Features
* (ALL) New color picker for the configuration program
* (64, 128, PLUS 4) 1581 Disk Image (D81) Support
* Added support for Commodore Plus 4 computer
* 32K Expanded VIC-20 now supported

! Changes
* (ALL) Removed CTRL key from hot keys that previously required it. Hot keys the use the C= key still require it.
* (ALL) If you have 1 or more files selected (highlighted) and choose delete, all selected files will be deleted. If you do not have any files selected (highlighted) then only the file that the selector is pointing to will be deleted.
* (ALL) When you rename a file the textbox is pre-populated with the name of the old file.
* (VIC 20, Plus 4) Configuration files are enabled and working correctly
* (ALL) Changed the UI for file transfers to use a new progress bar to give feedback on the copy operation.
* (64, 128, Plus 4) Changed the UI for disk image creation/writing to use a new progress bar to give feedback on the image operation.
* (VIC20) Refactored many of the screens to better fit the 22x23 layout.
* (VIC20) Filename shortening removed and the file type moved to the left of the directory display
* (PLUS4) Created color scheme to match the environment
* (VIC20) Panels are not displayed side by side, only one panel is displayed at a time.
* (VIC20) D64 support is removed, the RAM was needed elsewhere.
* (ALL) The screen has been made more scalable.

! Known Issues
* None

Posted By

Csabo
on 2010-07-22
10:30:22
 Re: CBM-Command Version 1.5 Released

I just checked the new version. It seems neither of the 3 issues I mentioned were fixed, or even mentionded as known issues.

Posted By

plbyrd
on 2010-07-22
11:43:06

The little weird coloring issue isn't really an issue to me since it's an artifact of the framework and not really something I can do anything about.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2010-07-22
12:55:31

Ah, sorry, didn't know that. What framework are you using and who wrote it?

If that's the case (cannot be fixed), shouldn't you list this as a known issue? Something like "minor cosmetic problems with coloring one extra character in some cases" - just so that other testers don't submit this as a duplicate.

Posted By

plbyrd
on 2010-07-22
16:20:18

I would call it a side-effect, not an issue. To me, an issue is something I have control over and can fix.

The framework is the CONIO library in cc65. There are other little warts relating to the standard libraries in cc65 (I won't go over them here), but there's not much I can do about them short of hacking at cc65, which I really don't want to do.

Posted By

Chicken
on 2010-07-23
06:02:44

It seems like the coloring effect shows up when performing all kinds of tasks (e.g. displaying the HELP file... on the first page the text color is blue except for the first char, on the following pages all the text is black).
I'm not familiar with CC65 at all but it's probably something simple (just a counter that is off by one or a flag that isn't reset, etc) and all the coloring effects are caused by the very same routine. Have you told the CC65 maintainers about this?

The nice layout/UI you created isn't meant to have these coloring effects (even if they don't seem to affect functionality).

Posted By

plbyrd
on 2010-07-27
22:30:12

There is a major bug in the way that CBM-Command handles batches of file that are selected using the select all hotkey that can cause directory corruption. Please discard any version older than 7/26/2010 (Version 1.6) and update to Version 1.6!

Since I can't "Double Post"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
CBM-Command Version 1.7 has been released. This version has several bug fixes but also includes real-time statistics on file copy and disk image operations. There's also some visual goodness for 128 users.

Enjoy!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024