Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MikeZ
on 2010-06-14
13:24:34
 Re: AustroSimple

Chicken/Csabo:

So for the basic line at the beginning of austrosimple you would like to see "2010 SYS 4124"? If so, then not a problem.

Regarding the "uncracked" austro: The crack only changed the PEEK section of the RTI, which is just ML.(Just look at the old austrospeed code in the area of $206X, and you will see either a "STA $FF3F" - the original, or "JMP $0353" - the crack to Raven's dongle buster. It did not alter the Dongle GOSUB in austro. I have it in Austrobasic. If the Austrobasic previously posted to the austro page is still there then just look at the basic listing starting at 20192. All you need to know is that the PEEK location is actually $FD1F, but because Commodore engineer Fred Bowen once told me that the PLA only outputs the 12 MSBs of an address, it is all FD1X, which includes user port at FD10. From the dongle code you could probably reverse engineer the dongle internal components.

A little off topic: I think it needs to be said that changing Austro only changes the compilation process. If a change in how code is executed in the "C/PROGRAM" is what's desired, then we must alter the RTI itself. This is a bit of a challenge as the RTI must always end at $2ef2, or else all the GOSUBs, JMPs, and GOTOs in austro itself will have to be changed.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024