Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MikeZ
on 2010-06-13
15:48:26
 Re: AustroSimple

Chicken: Thanks for the thread reference. Reading through it shows that now we have a fairly complete undertanding of the issues.
My personal documentation includes a completely annotated version of the fully operational AustroBASIC source code decompiled from the non cracked "austrospeed +4" as updated into English by SVS, as well as an annotated and flow charted austro Run Time Interpreter.
As I said, I'll collect everyone's suggestions, test them on the Basic running version, and then recompile with AustroSimple.
If you have a chance, please reread my remarks on austro structure(I think they are still available for download on the austro page as a read me).
The point is that the compiler produces a firmly controlled prg structure that really cannot be violated without rewriting austro from the ground up.
This forces the compiled line numbers (actually fixed RAM locations of the pcode equivalent of each basic line number coding) to begin right after the end of the RTI at$2ef3, so actual austro line numbers must commence in the neighboor hood of 12018-12040.

With that in mind, please tell me what your thinking is when you say "Another small suggestion: Let the user define the line number used in the compiled program's BASIC start line and set the default to "2010".

Regards,
MikeZ

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024