Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2010-05-31
15:01:22
 Re: Need some help testing

Gaia also found that decreasing the compatibility in YAPE fixes the issue. If think both YAPE and Plus4Emu emulate a TED feature which causes the blank screen, but VICE doesn't.

The weird thing was for him it did not in Plus4Emu, but for me it did. Chicken's comment just made me realize what the difference was: I used the autostart feature in Plus4Emu! (I right-click the program file and click "Run with Plus4Emu".) However, If I load the program after the emulator has started, they it's the same blank screen for me as well. I can also confirm that running the program with the cursor being in the last line fixes it.

Conclusion: this is bug in the demo. Using the default settings, YAPE and Plus4Emu both correctly emulate the blank screen. In good/low compatibility, the demo runs in YAPE (just like in VICE), though it shouldn't. Also, as Chicken discovered, running the demo while the cursor is in the last line prevents the demo's bug from happening.

Good work guys, thanks for the help! I'm always so glad when I know there's a few of us around hacking this kind of stuff. happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024