Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2010-05-26
10:23:13
 Re: Plus/4 original adventures

Hey there,

If you're a player, and want to find a solution for a Plus/4 game, you're in luck! All adventure games with their solutions are listed in a single place (I'm sure you found it in the main nav).

That is the list of published games for the Plus/4. Sure, some of them were not published by a software company, but rather an individual. If you were looking for commercial games vs. amateur games, we do have that piece of info. Just click any game, and you get all the details about it, the "Distribution" field is what you'd need. However, games like Mélyûr (for which I have just created the first solution, took a week happy) are also freeware - though not a conversion. Then you have further gray areas with games like Church Of Death, which is an original work, but got published by a software company, but-but it's based on another game - so you might call it an unofficial conversion.

My point is, your criteria seems arbitrary to me. We only have 300 odd games, not that much. I guess the list is there, you can just go through it and decide what you want to include and what you don't. Perhaps if you could clarify exactly what you need, I could write a query for you and give you the results.

Although I'm not sure how it serves the players not to list some games. Maybe you're not maintaining your site for players? (We've had similar issues with the database in general, but the conclusion always was - if it exists, include it. Heck, even if it doesn't exists we include it happy)

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024