Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Wastl
on 2002-07-13
 prg transfer problem ...

Hi all,

does anybody know how to copy .prg files from pc to plus4 ? I have a XE1541 Cable and the transfer of .d64 images works fine.I use the Starcommander if i copy a .d64 file to the 1541, i can load the disk correctly on my plus4 but if i format a disk an copy any .prg files the directory show just 0 block files ,this files are not loadable.
Can anybody help?

Bye Wastl happy

Posted By

Wastl
on 2002-07-13
 another question...

How i can be a member on Plus4 World ? happy

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-07-14
 Scene member

Your on the database and only need some more info from you. Type Wastl in the search happy

Please send me this via email by clicking here and if you have a picture of your good self that would be cool to add. We need the following info where possible. Cheers.

Handle:
Frist Name:
Last Name:
State/Province:
Email:
Notes: (Anything you wish to add here about your self)

And if there is anything your hiding as in software releases we want to know happy
regards,

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-07-14
 Starcommander

I have the reverse effect using my XE1541 cable. I can copy single prg's, but after a while I'll have to reboot because it stops reading the drive for some odd reason and I can't copy whole D64's or more than 1 prg at once Slow and painfull..

If you can copy whole D64's then use startcommander and copy all your wanted PRG's to a d64 image. If you need a blank D64 image let me know and I'll upload one.

Also check out 64hdd. This allows you to load software (PRG,D64) direct from you PC hardrive using you Plus/4. It emulates a 1541 and more. You can even load from CD, just a case of setting your CD drive as a device number eg.(#15). There is a small bug I have (maybe XE1541 again?), that once you reset the plus4 it will lock up 64hdd, but this is simple to get around. Once you have finished loading press ESC on PC to quit out. I have a .bat file setup so all I do is type C16 and she's running again.

I haven't tried PC to 1541 copy via Plus/4, but it should work just like having two 1541's conected which is something I've never done!! wink

Posted By

Wastl
on 2002-07-14
 thx lando :)

hi lando,
thx for the link...unfortunately it work no on my pc ..i think 2ghz are to much
but your idea with the blank .d64 file is interesting happy
its funny d64 transfer from pc to 1541 works fine and prg transfer not
but from 1541 to pc i can only transfer .prgs .... .d64 files to pc will not work
i must try try try .... wink

cya wastl

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-07-14
 Just incase you need one...

You can grab a blank D64 from Here.

Posted By

Wastl
on 2002-07-14
 many thanks lando ...

happy