Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

BushRat
on 2002-07-11
 Good.. figured someone would be on the ball

I found that using a combination of Emus (Yape was one) I could just about do a little reprogramming, on them. Nice that you can set the memory pointer on the Save. I think, though, they aren't reallly ready for everyday usage. I will probably dig out my old Plussy and use it this winter to rewrite some programs. I think I can skirt around those Floppy specific routines with either an ML memory saver or other. Some of the sample files I sent Mike, for his Minus4, were redone. I'll bet there are those files on that CD, somewhere.

I really did love the little orphan, that's why I wasted so much time with it. You'll also note that I might be dumb, but not totally stupid... while working with the Plussy, I DID do a version of virtually all the programs and utilities, for use on the C64 and C128. Basically all companion programs. Especially the graphic utils, ml toolkits, readers, archivers and recipe programs. That was a lot of fun. Heck, since I already had the disassembly and homemade memory maps for them... it wasn't really too bad. Used to get kinda bored, during the long winters we have here, when we lived in the Bush

I sure would love to see ATI implement the open and print fetch routines, at least, on his Emu. Meantime, just rem out any offending lines. Most are just for screen options and highscores... the defaults work well.

If you ever run across a dead Plus4... basically just the empty case (I even have spare keyboard assys) let me know. It would allow me to insert that spare 256K board for use. My old machine is still setup for dual Pal/Ntsc mode.. need to keep it that way. By the by.. I've still have a number of spare chips, xtals and roms for the Plussy stashed.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024