Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

BushRat
on 2002-07-11
 Yeah, the XA1541

I remembered that the XA1541 cable was supposed to work with the ASUS boards and others that had either a non-standard parallel port or some of the Laptops. I even modified one of my X1541 cables, using the original 2N3904 transistors, that they specified in the beginning. Didn't work for me, but I know that they changed to that newer mini-surface mount type device later. I had a number of X1541 cables that I made up years ago, that I later changed into the XE1541 type. I only needed them, recently to archive my old Plus4 stuff to CDR... for James C and myself. I was pleased that I was able to read, virtually, all the old 1541/1551 floppies I had. Had no problems wirh the 1581 disks. I did use my son's PC to do this.
Yes Lando, those are mine. James C has a CD with a few thousand files and articles that I did, back in the "Good ol' Days" before burnout set in. I think I was one of the few, over here, that did any Pal to Ntsc conversions... too. So he has a lot of proggys from the other guys from the old Plus4 scene that I rewrote for use on our Ntsc machines. Most of what I cranked out, in later times, was compatable on both sides of the pond. The SDA files were for (Marko?) and his Funet site. They are Plus4 specific Self Dissolving Archives. It was silly, but I was kinda proud of that program. Crunched together all the files on the disk and stored them in the SDA. All you have to do is run the SDA on a Plussy and it will unpack the files back to disk. Was the natural evolution of the Lynx +4 program I did a L-o-n-g time ago.
James C says that he will wade through the trash and post the stuff on his website. There is quite a bit from '96-'97 that never got posted on Funet.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024