Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2010-04-10
01:02:14
 Re: Trailblazer remake for XBOX360

DrMistry,

I'm really sorry if it sounds as bad as it reads and I apologies BiG Time!!!

In any normal circumstance the topic title would of been named Trailblazer Remake with a load of exclamation marks on the end believe me. We have a history of remakes and we have taken them all with open arms, each and everyone of them and a Trailblazer Remake would be no different. They all bring a smile to the face and we respect them all even the smallest of efforts!

Your game should of been no different from any other and I hope you can understand because there are many years of history linked to the original post. Please don't be offended by the use of the word rip-off as at the time I did not know the full story, I hope you understand I said those very words in a second post.

To me a version of Trailblazer showed up on Microsoft's XBOX 360, I looked at the screen shots before downloading the demo and I knew what it was. Thats was it, it felt like an insult because I did not know any better. It was the fact that your work was on Microsoft's XBOX 360, it was on Microsoft's marketplace being sold. My small mindedness said big brother was doing something outrageous and the indie community had passed something they had no idea of what it really was. When I say school kids, you know what I mean, people much younger than our selfs. Sometimes the whole XBOXLiVE thing can be annoying when it's meant to be a tight ship yet even the likes of full price retail games in review have leaked video footage ect... So who's running the show kind of thing.

I am not the internet police either.

I am very fond of the C16/Plus4 and it's never gone away. When I first jumped on the internet I spent years building a gaming fan site for this very machine which was all built on an Amiga. Thanks to Csabo and many years of hard work and a lot of evolution with the help of a strong team of Plus/4 enthusiasts that once old site is what you see right now! I gave it up years ago.
It was all done for free and is still being done for free. Even the web hosting that is being payed for is not making any money. What we have here is a very small community and the only way it has survived was because it was free.

I hope you can see a small insight to where I'm coming from. I'm not saying your game should be free though. It's because I did not know the full story behind of your work with me pointing the finger at Microsoft - not you personally.

You know we have had to watch the Amiga fall to Microsoft with Mac falling behind for a long while.
I'm a big Sega nut and have had to watch Sony kill the Sega Saturn, Dreamcast and then for XBOX to roll in trying to take a cut. XBOX was kicked out from under our feet before we had a chance to play it by the XBOX 360. I'm a really happy chappy. wink

I hope that gives you a better picture of this crazy fool. I apologies again.

At your request and you only have to say the word I'm sure Csabo can delete the whole topic if you wish. We are not a busy main stream retro site at all, but still what has been done can be deleted if you so wish.

I'm really sorry you were forced to post in defence of your work when it would of been really cool for you to see some good words about it. It should of never of been this way. I can't say sorry enough.

I will grab it tomorrow and take a proper look!

Many thanks!

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024