Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2010-04-03
09:54:44
 I love the Plussy!

Don't you?

Yeah, you do. Otherwise, why on earth would you be on this site?

Often the news, and very large section of the internet make me sad. There's so much wrong with the world, or more specifically, with specific people in it. This place is my refuge. I can worry about when I'm changing $FF19 so that there are no dots on the border. So please everyone, focus on the Plus/4! There's still so much to do, many old mags to read through, forgotten software to discover and most importantly, so much fun to have!

Posted By

Patrick
on 2010-04-03
13:57:17
 Re: I love the Plussy!

you are soo right!!!! the biggest problem for the plus/4 is TIME!!!

Posted By

retroscener
on 2010-04-03
23:21:48

I've recently purchased my first Plus4 on Ebay. £47.55 (inc discounted p&p) wasn't too bad.

The only thing stopping me from buying one before was the keyboard, which I have more trouble with. I prefer the C16's breadbin design with it's easier C64'ish style keyboard, but thought what the hell I needed the extra memory and a spare machine anyway.

You can find the ebay link and photos of my setup here.

http://www.commodore16.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=615&start=20

There seems to be no office suite with it going by the boot screen, but that doesn't matter to me. I kinda prefer it this way.

A few days later after it arrived though sods law arrived on my doorstep. My 1541II drive conked out. Until it is fixed I am again limited by choice. Only a few wonderful plussy games and no demos for me for a little while anyway

Posted By

Chris
on 2010-04-04
03:13:13

I really agree with you guys. Like Csabo, TED is my refuge, place to relax and enjoy myself. The feeling when I'm in my Commodore room is outstanding. I love finding new/lost software through the thousands of disks and even more checking out games and demos. When Noah is older, I'm hoping that he'll enjoy it all too as one day everything will be his. When it comes time for him to have his first computer, it will be a C16 or Plus 4.

The only problem I have is the lack of time, family life and work takes over. But that makes me appreciate the community and my collection even more. Earlier this year I held a small get together in the UK, for TED/Commodore fans which was a great success. Hope to hold another one later this year.

Great topic.

Posted By

SVS
on 2010-04-04
09:42:29

Me too, I appreciate the same feeling when working with (or for) Plus4.

When one codes for +4, he codes for yourself and for +4 friends; is existing something better? happy

I agree with Chris that spare TIME is the problem, but I'm working on a time-machine... its SW is near ready, pls. stand by. (It's written in 6502 language, of course happy happy )

Posted By

retroscener
on 2010-04-04
14:36:46

Looking forward to the next meet up Chris, the last one was great. It's the only chance I get to share my enthusiasm with others happy

Posted By

YERZMYEY
on 2010-04-23
04:07:31

Csabo:
>There's still so much to do, many old mags to read through, forgotten software to
>discover and most importantly, so much fun to have!
-----------
I agree with that however I'd prefer people to focus on making NEW progs (demos/games), hehe. happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024