Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2010-03-24
09:55:14
 Re: What do you do?

Thanks for the suggestions Ninja, I checked them out. The first one is a single JAR file that doesn't run by itself, no other documentation. The second is very fixed in its layout and structure. Seems to be geared for 2x2 tilemaps only.

In general, it's the same old story... everyone starts a project of their own instead of building on something existing. I know it's hard to pick a development platform, etc. Apparently I don't have the answers on how to do this better. I just wish we did this better. Now we just end up with tons of closed source, half-assed or hyper-specialized tools.

Also, while I looked for this stuff, I went through quite a few forums, and none of them mentioned these. Seems like there should be a place for them. CSDb in particular has no love for utilities: just click "C64 Tool", and you get 4000 matches. happy (Ours isn't much better either, but at least the utils are somewhat categorised.)

Finally, it looks like we have some requirements change on our end. We might not need a level editor at all, we'll probably make do with a one-time data converter or something.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024