Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

SVS
on 2010-03-09
07:00:49
 Plus4emu printer emulation bug

It seems to exist a bug in the good (and amusing) paper emulation.
When printing achieves about 100th line, system attempts to go to next line, but it only modifies the lowest line of pixels. Next seconds system crashes.

Hey IstvanV, could you fix it? (and BTW even improve something else... happy )

Posted By

IstvanV
on 2010-03-14
11:12:56
 Re: Plus4emu printer emulation bug

I could not reproduce the crash. How/when does this occur exactly (IEC or hardware emulation, printing text or graphics, writing to text file, etc.) ? When the bottom of the page is reached, it should normally wait until the page is cleared and - in MPS-802 mode - the form feed button is used.

Posted By

SVS
on 2010-03-16
16:05:45

@IstvanV

Now I obtain a blinking LED in the printer window at 70th line. If I press Form Feed button, red LED turns off and a Yellow LED in the button turns on. Nothing else happens in the virtual "paper".
By pressing again the Form Feed button, red LED returns to blink.
Emulator window does not accept any command.

Settings are:
- MPS802 hardware
- View printer output

Thank you very much for your help.

P.S. - Is there a way to save the printer settings too, in order to not set them again every time I start the plus4emu?

Posted By

IstvanV
on 2010-03-17
07:32:31

You need to click the Clear button as well, otherwise the printing will not continue as the page is still full. So, when the bottom of the page is reached, the following should be done:
- Save to file
- Clear
- Form feed (check, and then uncheck it) - this is not needed for the IEC level MPS-801 emulation, which would continue immediately after clicking Clear
Unfortunately, the printer settings cannot be saved, it could only be implemented in a new version of the emulator.
By the emulator window not accepting commands, do you mean that it is crashed (it does not crash for me) ?

Posted By

SVS
on 2010-03-17
16:22:54

OK by the sequence CLEAR - FORMFEED - FORMFEED the printing sometimes restarts, but it seems to me that something else "plays" in this behavior. The point of halt is not always the same and when restart is done, maybe some lines are lost. But let me do further tests.
(Un)fortunately I'm advanced with debugging my current project then now I never reproduce the crash of emu (well: hang, not a crash), only the blinking red LED sometimes.

Now that you told me the correct procedure to "change page" I can do more tests and report to you.
P.S. - is there any chance you continue the develop of the emu? wink

Posted By

SVS
on 2010-03-18
09:30:22

@IstvanV
It's me again happy
This is what happens:

1) Printing achieves about 70th printed line (this is not last possible line in the form). Red LED blinks.
2) I press CLEAR. Print is cleared and printer cursor goes to home position.
3) I press FORMFEED. Printer cursor advanced until bottom of print window
4) Printing restarts and attempt to print behind the border. I see one or two pixel lines of the printed characters.
5) Red LED blinks. I press CLEAR and FORMFEED twice. Printing restart from top of print window, but some lines were lost.

I suggest to check:
a) Printing alignment after first press of FORMFEED (while yellow LED is on);
b) Communication speed/protocol between Plus4-emulator and Printer-emulation: maybe speed problems or some unknown code?

Tnx

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024