Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

IstvanV
on 2010-01-05
13:13:15
 Re: First Release Of 2010!

Well, maybe I could try it when I have the time, but not sure yet. After a quick look at the difference between the source code of the emulators, I found the following changes that might be usable in plus4emu:

- in the debugger, individual CPU flags and ASCII format memory dump are also displayed
- new debugger button for inserting a simple Lua script template
- new "step" type buttons in the debugger: "step into", "return", and "step to"
- the debugger window does not immediately disappear when continuing emulation (fixes flickering on the use of step buttons)
- trace files created in the monitor may include the values of registers for each CPU opcode executed, but can also be made smaller by turning off the video position information
- screenshots are in BMP format instead of TGA (although RLE8 might not be suitable for the Plus/4, since there can be more than 256 colors with TED tricks)
- breakpoints/watchpoints can have a type of 'x', in addition to 'r' and 'w' (previously, the 'r' type was used for both data read and execute access); the "no break on data read" mode is removed
- display is not blanked while the emulation is paused or the debugger window is shown (at the expense of minor slowdown in "resample to monitor refresh rate" modes)
- higher quality PAL filter (10 taps/line FIR filter, 30 bit YUV texture), but also somewhat slower
- better error reporting for Lua scripts (the actual error and line number in the script are printed, rather than just popping up a "syntax error" or "runtime error" message); I am not sure if anyone actually used these, though
- file name extensions are automatically added by file dialogs, if not specified
- various changes/improvements to WD177x emulation (used also in 1581 drives)
- the efficiency of the "compress" utility is slightly improved and new features have been added

There are possibly more that I missed, and various minor ones that are not listed.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024