Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

IstvanV
on 2010-01-05
11:28:46
 Re: First Release Of 2010!

Unfortunately, I do not currently develop the plus4emu package since version 1.2.9.2, and the SourceForge project is now maintained by someone else, so I cannot promise if the problems you reported are going to be fixed. However, some of these have already been dealt with in ep128emu which is still in active development, and the changes could be ported back.
- what is exactly wrong about the noise generator ? I recall checking that it matches the real machine accurately (same pseudo-random pattern, etc.), but maybe it is broken in some way I do not know about ?
- the debugger issues (status flags, screen blanking, and ASCII dump) are fixed in ep128emu (see http://www.sharemation.com/IstvanV/epdebug.png), and could be ported, together with other related changes (no screen blanking on pause, debugger window not flickering when using the step buttons, etc.)
- if you compile from source, the setting of cursor position by mouse click can be removed by commenting out line 919 of gui/gui.cpp; also, there are a few ways to avoid it without changing the code: use the shift key while clicking on the window, click on border areas, enable the light pen (it disables cursor positioning/copying/pasting with the mouse), or switch to a display mode (with F9) that has no menu and mouse cursor
- you are right about the "compress" name - in fact, I think the utilities are already renamed in some RPM builds of the emulator; by the way, this utility also has some updates/improvements in the EP128 version "epcompress"
- I did not code the file dialogs, they are part of the FLTK library, so they can only be changed by modifying FLTK (on Windows, they are already replaced with native dialogs)

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024