Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

SVS
on 2002-07-03
 I'm going to compile a list...

of all the things CBM-homes had, and that were "copied" wink by PCs.
Then I ask you, plussiers, what are your discoveries on about.

Start list:
a) Function keys on upper side of keyboard (Plus4)
b) Serial chained bus (VIC20)
c) Integrated package: WP+Spreadsheet+dBase (3+1 Plus4)
d) Windowing (GEOS)
add yours!

Posted By

Noro
on 2002-07-03
 (no topic)

... reset button (Plus4) wink

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-07-03
  :-)

One word "AMIGA" wink

I showed Mike Dailly a piccy of my Amiga in a Tower. He said "Stop it, it's trying to be a PC" wink

Would I be correct in saying the Plus/4 arrow keys were the start of the 4way arrow keys thats now found on every keyboard from Amiga, PC to Dreamcast?

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-07-03
 Plus/4s in disguise

Didn't the successor to Commodore (Escom?) make the A4000 in a tower version?

I really want to obtain a spare 128D or A2000 case, and mount my Plus/4 motherboard, 1551, and 1581 in it.... I think that would be like the ultimate TED computer. I could make a fake nameplate calling it the "Commodore 464D" happy

Posted By

BushRat
on 2002-07-03
 Interesting...

High speed interface for floppy (1551... and the mysterious SFS...)
Escom was going to rip the graphics chip/processor to create a "bridge-board" for high end PCs... because, at the time, everything in special effects and graphics work was being dominated by the Amiga and Amiga variants. Unfortunately, the timing was bad as the PC (another bad "C" word in this group) finally caught up, graphics card-wise.
They then negotiated to have the C64 re-manufactured in Bejing, China.. as the "Peoples Machine". I remembered this, because my brother lives in Singapore and works as a VP in an bio-electronics firm that did business with the outfit. They went as far as trying to decide what software to bundle with the machines. When Mike called to ask about this my head was blown over the idea of a Chinese keyboard (do you KNOW how many characters there are in basic Mandarin??!!!). But, Nope, they wanted ENGLISH... go figure! Jack V was negotiating a software bundle deal when it all fell apart for Escom... sad!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024