Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

YERZMYEY
on 2009-11-20
08:41:42
 Re: Mass-storage: CF/SD/MMC cards and others?

>You can bet. The serial devices are just slow themself. Sometimes you have an option
>(or: the code does some autodetect by itself) to fall back to standard loader routines.
>But generally, the majority of stuffs that ever try loading from disk do that by custom
>routines.
>More enhanced stuff (or special disk copiers) do even use custom routines with the
>1551.
--------------
So I get - only real emulation of diskdrive (for most progs)?

>1541 "Ultimate"
>That one slowly evolved from a 1541 emulator into an "anything you ever dreamt of"
>module. Today it has a lot of bells and whistles (seems to take the position previously
>taken by products like the Retro Replay) together with 1541 emulation capability. As a
>consequence (it's not a serial device but a C64 cartridge), there's no way to use that
>with the Plus/4.
------------
How come?
They wrote on their site http://www.1541ultimate.net/content/index.php
"The '1541 Ultimate' is a storage solution for your Commodore home computer, such as the C64, C128, C plus4, C16, etc."

>SD2IEC et. al.
>Yeah, their drawbacks just apply here. Yet I've bought one myself... Pro: it's a very
>convenient and safe form to transfer Commodore stuff and keep that at hand / on a
>pure electronic media; con: basically no custom 1541 routines work.
------------
Arrrgh.
How many % of sotware does it cover (more/less)? 50%

So at the moment there is no CF/SD/MMC device for 264 that covers all programs, entire soft?

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024