Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

TLC
on 2009-11-19
15:25:22
 Re: Just to chat: what is, in your opinion, the greater lack of Plus4? (if any...)

You mean hardware or something in general?...

Hardware-wise, you covered the two major issues wink (I wouldn't have called for a SID neccessarily but yeah, some more sound capabilities wouldn't have hurted much). And I would have been more happy if the lack of sprites could have been compensated by at least more freely selectable colors (so that you could have some chances to write a decent sprite routine with plenty of colors, without color clash artifacts).

...Other than that (and in a more philosophic sense), I've basically never felt that it'd have lacked anything. Heck, that's not true, because I've indeed moved on to use PC's (as most of us did) but we probably don't want to start discussing clever things like "why does the PC beat the hell out of the Plus/4" or similar topics. Let me just say that today I don't feel that it'd lack anything -- better said, it has its specialities (and today if someone's after some different specialities, he can choose a computer that match those specialities...)... but it's not really about lacking particular capabilities anymore (as I guess) because of the given possibility to choose. Also, if someone'd still be going to "add" some particular hw capabilities to some constructions, just because he likes fiddling with hardware extensions, I'd doubt that there could be any unsolvable obstacles.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024