Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

YERZMYEY
on 2009-10-21
15:37:57
 SCHEME 64Kb RAM expansion (external) to C=116/C=16??

Hi there.
I was looking for some scheme of 64Kb external expansion for C=116 / C=16.
I can't see anything like that in the site (maybe such an additional corner would be resonable).
Can You point me such a scheme on the Internet?
I would be thankful.
Greetz!
Yerz

Posted By

TLC
on 2009-10-21
15:59:41
 Re: SCHEME 64Kb RAM expansion (external) to C=116/C=16??

I couldn't find one so far...

You might also want to take a look around the usual auction sites and retro computer stores... it might be easier to obtain one than manufacturing it in a single piece.

Posted By

TLC
on 2009-10-21
16:13:46

The Funet CBM archive has been a classic (definitive) resource of Commodore related technical material... it's now hosted by Bo Zimmerman's site (Marko having left HUT some years ago)... you can find it here: http://zimmers.net/anonftp/pub/cbm.

Posted By

TLC
on 2009-10-21
17:45:42

Commodore16.com seems to sell 64k external memory expansion cartridges. http://www.commodore16.com/c16shopH.htm

Posted By

YERZMYEY
on 2009-10-21
18:25:57

Many thanx for the hints.
Seems like there's no such a scheme on zimmers.net

The reason why I wanted the scheme instead of the "cart" is, that my friend found a through-out connector to the "memory" port.
That's why - like he said - I could use both: 64K and diskdrive. And he could make such a through-out expansion for me.

If I buy a regular one - then I will have to buy also the splitter. Which I wanted to avoid.

Anyway, once again thx for help. I will also consider the option You've mentioned, of course.

Posted By

TLC
on 2009-10-22
03:28:08

I presume we're talking about the 1551. You'll not have any problems with using the memory expansion module and the drive together... The drive paddle is one of rare examples of existing pass-through port cartridges. You just connect the drive to the computer, connect the memory expansion module to the drive paddle, and you're done.

Expansion splitters (and pass-through type cards) for the Plus/4 are rare... probably because of the uncommon spacing of the edge connector. (Back then, if you gave it a check, you could meet a complete lack of sources for these edge connector sockets... even this very example (the 1551 paddle) has been manufactured by Commodore itself, so neither this one is some third-party example of a pass-through type card).

Posted By

YERZMYEY
on 2009-10-22
06:32:38

ARRRGH...
Only theoretically.
We found that my 1551 is not fully functional.
I will have to use a drive from C64. :-\
But still Your idea is interesting. I will think more about it.
Hmmm.......

PS: Fuck, I lost my password somewhere. :-\

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024