Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Litwr
on 2009-09-29
03:55:54
 Re: A reply to "The Letter (3-PLUS-1)"

The story is short. So I place it here. I'd just visited computer minimarkets in Polish big cities (Wroclaw, Warsaw) for Sundays during 86-89. My +4 (and then Amiga 500) and almost all software was bought there. These mini-markets were club buildings rented for one-two days. This link provided me the best bank of +4 programs in SU. So I was "a main SU distributor" of +4 software! happy I knew almost all ppl with +4. One of them was a professor who wrote a book about Basic programming based on his +4 work experience. One was gene scientist. One had +4 with two 1551, printer, commodore color monitor, cartridges --- it was great luxury for these days. There were several +4 parties in Moscow. There were also big plans for +4 in SU and software development for it. However the total number of +4 users to the end of 80s was below 100. I sold my "iron friend" at 1991 (Amiga left me earlier, at 1990). I knew ppl who tried to use 3+1 in their work/study. They all were very disappointed by slow speed of spreadsheet and small Word processor's documents size. I knew several Polish magazines (Komputer, Bajtek) which published +4 related materials. I saw also several (2-3) articles about +4 in Russian. SU was very isolated (I had special official permission to be owner of $15 at 1988!!!) so many things reached it too late. For example the mass Spektrum clones production made them very popular only at the first and even second part of 90s.
I should also add several words about my printer MC-6312. It was the really unique thing. It was the first USSR made ink jet printer.
http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%AD%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BA%D1%82%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%B0_%D0%9C%D0%A1_6312
If you want more details I am ready to provide it. wink

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024