Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

TLC
on 2009-09-11
08:27:40
 Re: SID-card scheme?

Yerzmyey: Jeese... :D (I'm wondering how all these cartridges could have been powered by the poor 7805 voltage regulator inside the Spectrum... :O ). _That_ must have dissipate a _lot_ of heat, unless powered somehow externally (or by individual voltage regulators that draw power from the Spectrums 9V AC raw voltage output).

As you will notice, cartridges haven't nearly been that popular in the 264 world as they seem to have been in the Spectrum world. I could only ever see one single cartridge port splitter interface, and no pass-through type cartridges, except for Commodore's own interface cartridge for the CBM 1551 drive.

The C-116 -- well, it's not that popular here (Hungary) either. I obtained mine off from eBay, too (it was a German auction).

Chronos:

Your cartridge's pictures seem to have been uploaded here: Solder's SID card (Older). GALs are interesting species best known of... well, no... happy GALs are programmable logic chips, you can read about them (PAL/GAL) here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programmable_Array_Logic. On the SID card, it's the small chip near the cartridge's edge connector providing the address decoding logic for the SID.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024