Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

YERZMYEY
on 2009-09-11
04:05:26
 Re: SID-card scheme?

Chicken: I'm a fan of 264 series, however my favourite would be C116, as its design is simply incredible and unique. happy Of course when I get it (one day, hopefuly) I'll but also memory extention to 64K but I'm used to it (I have also Spectrum 16K and several ZX81 machines wink ).

>Otherwise, you'll be happy with your plus/4, I'm sure.
-------------
Oh, that's I'm sure about. happy Although we still try to fix the keyboard (well, people DON'T seel *new* 264, You know wink, only used ones wink ), but I'm sure everything will be OK.

>There's also a .gif file of the schematics.
-------------
many thanx for that. I'll forward the site's address to my friend who might be able to make such a device. However I'm already aware about the GIF itself. My friend said that actually the data is incomoplete as there is something like GAL chip and to make the card work the guy would must know GAL's logic. Of course I don't get a word of this wink but I understand that the GIF itself isn't enough to make a card. However maybe this "GAL-SID.jed" file would solve the problem.
Thx again!

Btw, is it internal device in this case, or external? I don't hide I would prefere external (if the port isn't required for other purposes - like diskdrive or whatever wink wink wink ).

TLC and Luca: To be honest I prefer TED music ("TED Storm is incredible demo, for instance) but so many demos use sidcard that
1) I feel "forced" wink to get one
2) actually I thought it's pretty popular, considering the number of progs
I got used to such inventions as we have the same situation on Spectrum - 48K can play fine music but it influences other functions so computer can do very few things while playing music or even nothing except the music itself. Therefore appeared AY-interfaces (the sound-chip from 128K) and they can work in interrupts so the problem dissapeared and software was able to develope.

>He gives details about the base addresses of both cards ($fd40 and $fe80).
-------------
Well, I don't hide I don't know any details however I'm hunting the card these all programs are for.

Chronos: if my friend will not be able to make the card then I would be surely interested in Your work. As I said I prefer original sound but there is so significant number of sid-only demos/magazines (also games?) that I cannot stay indifferent, You know.

Also, if all fails, I can also ask Zaxon (powerful Atari electronics 'engineer' however he's inmterested in many oldschool platforms) about the sid-card. Actually some time ago I asked him about AY-interface and delivered him schemes. Shortly after it - this appeared http://www.rwapsoftware.co.uk/spectrum/spectrum_sounds.html so maybe there would be some hope? wink

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024