Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Chicken
on 2009-08-20
07:41:47
 Re: A reply to "The Letter (3-PLUS-1)"

Btw, everybody should have a look at http://www.commodore.ca/products/264/Commodore_264_family.htm. This is the article David Johnson is refering to. Reading this, one might understand his anger and why he emphasizes so much on stability.

The mentioned article is a bit contradictory. First it says "I have played with it [the integrated software] extensively and thought it was pretty damn cool for its time." and then goes on "The word processor would only handle an embarrassingly small 99 lines of text! The Graphing program was quite limited and really only useful as an extension of the Spread Sheet. The database or "File Manager" as Commodore promoted it, was slow and not useful for much more than recipes. But most problematic was the overall quality of the software code; it was terribly unstable and just not 'ready for prime time'."

Being the only program I used very frequently (until I got "Textmeister" -still missing- by Solder), I can only tell about the wordprocessor. Despite all its limitations (or even because of them) it is definitely NOT unstable. It didn't crash a single time, which I can't say about Pages/Word.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024