Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-06-24
 eBay auctions of the day ;-)

Wow take a look at these, I for one did'nt know that mastertronic released some games in this packing or rather Woolworths (big retail shop still going in the UK).

Link: Auction 1

Link: Auction 2

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-06-24
 Take a look at THIS....

The Commodore 232, close-up, in box, and only US$4000.00!

Ebay Link

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-06-24
 Wow James you just found the most intresting auction of the year!

Not sure if you knew at the time, but Sunday,4th,February,2001 this very machine sold on eBay for £1075. The new owner is asking over twice as much for it and is even using the very same pictures when it was sold last time!

What it does show us is, the Plus/4 is worth more!! happy

The 232 went to it's grave the day it was put into that box. wink

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-06-24
 Yeah, well....

QuinnQuioxte (or whomever he is) is Dan Bensen, the guy who outbid me on the V364. He refurbishes Commodore computers as a hobby, but doing what he does isn't exactly cheap.

The systems he auctions are what he considers collectible, like a C65 in mint condition, the 232, a Max Machine, some PET/CBM systems, etc. Supposedly his 232 is collectible but I remember reading somewhere that there were like 200 of it made.... they're just mostly in Europe, not here in the States.

I notice in his auction that he states the 232 was the lower end of the line, but he recently sold off an NTSC 116.... claimed that is was unique, but all he had to do was put a Plus/4's Kernal into it and give it a proper power adapter (he didn't have the factory adapter).

Oh well, he wastes more money on psuedo-auctions (with ridiculous reserves and buy-it-nows) than I spend on Commodore stuff in a month.... let him throw his money away, I don't care. I think he just does it to show off what he has.

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-06-25
 You could be right.

It's there just to show off, anyone would be be crazy to buy it. Yeah he also missed the word "C16" out wink

I think the guy's a muppet because if he does sell it he's in it for the money which defeats the object of wanting to own such a nice piece in the first place.

I guess the guy can't sleep at night? hehehe happy

Posted By

Mort
on 2002-06-25
 (no topic)

I'll stick to my 64's and plus 4's for around a fiver eh Lando! happy

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-06-25
 For Mort..

Yeah bargin happy

If you ever want to part with your mint plussy I'll ave it fiver wink

Hey just playing one of the new CD's I bought "remix64 - the CD". Cant remember if you picked it up, but wow lov Human race mix which has never sound so good since the day I heared it on Atari (Gold Runner) wink

Posted By

(no name)
on 2002-06-26
 (no topic)

yeh nice cd, I have it, I really like best though the Galway Remixed cd , cool as he is my fav composer on the 64 (sacrilige I hear you cry) . Hope you had a safe journey home happy

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-06-27
 yeah cheers Mort.

I have a handfull of piccys from BIT3. I'm working on getting them up online which has taken most of the week

I hope to have them up before the end of the weekend, a couple of you look neat happy

I'm on the late shift grrr. Should of taken this week off hehe wink

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024