Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2009-07-27
17:22:23
 Solo Spriter original description

Hi All,

Is there anyone, who may still have a proper Solo Spriter description? It is a BASIC extension to use easily from BASIC a single sprite, and I try to do something with that (just a reprogramming of my old Mandelbrot generator I made in Pascal 14 years ago). I will try to make some "structured programming" with that, so for me it would be an experiment also.
I suppose Compilers cannot do too much with that special BASIC code happy
http://plus4world.powweb.com/software/Solo_Spriter

As the original concept has a lot of buttons and icons at the User Interface, it needs a sprite for the "mouse" positioning (in fact it was the world's very first fully mouse controlled fractal generator, no kidding). As nowadays I am only a lazy bastard, and also not soooo good any more in assembly, I decided to do it in BASIC first. (not only the sprite and rasters, but the floating point calculation in assembly would generate me lot of bad nights...)

More or less I decoded the main commands and their values for activation, movement, etc, but still I am uncertain on some parameters coming at third, fourth place.
If anyone would have a copy and may scan it for me, I would be more than grateful!
(unfortunately Gogle did not help at this time)

Thank you all in advance !

Posted By

Csabo
on 2009-07-28
20:52:54
 Re: Solo Spriter original description

I marked that release with "cover wanted", but as far as I know no-one actually has a copy of this. Don't hold your breath.

It's a given that this site is the definitive place for anything Plus/4 related, that includes cover scans. I think the big collectors all know this, it's just that we don't get that many scans any more because whatever is still left is too rare - no-one has it. If you DO find something via Google that we don't have - let me know wink

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024