Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Kirk
on 2009-07-18
05:06:33
 YAPE Plus/4 programming question

Hi - wonder if anyone has a reason for this - I've been copying over some p4 programs
and trying them out in Yape.

One of them is a small basic loader that ends with Load "main",8,1. The first line increments a variable and executes SYS 16384 on the second run.

I assume this works ok on a P/4 but don't have one to try. The loader uses 1001-12DC and the 'main' loads at 12DD to 7F00.

When this is run in Yape the last line never finishes and the SYS isn't executed UNLESS the basic loader is shortened by 6 or more bytes.

I can't see why... and although easy enough to change so it works, it would be nice to have a reason.

Also, how do you guys organise subdirectories? I've found you can launch a prg from anywhere but anything else called by it must be in the 'Selected IEC drive working folder', which gets full of stuff, all needing unique filenames. Is there a way to path it further, or have each program files(s) run from their own subdirectory ?

Cheers - Kirk

Posted By

SVS
on 2009-07-18
05:23:21
 Re: YAPE Plus/4 programming question

Hi Captain (J.T. Kirk happy
When, in running mode, BASIC executes a LOAD, system loads the second prg and then performs a RUN. If the second prg is not loaded in the Basic area ($1001...) then the RUN will re-execute the first prg (so called Loader). Variables are not affected, then a variable can be used as flag to determine if it is the first or the second time the loader is executed.

CBM sudirectories can be used only with a 1581. As I know the only program that allows subdir management and navigation is my BalSys.
Regarding Yape, if you set IEC mode in drive emulation, you can choose what PC dir is aimed by load/save operations (only .prg filetype).

Happy programming!

Posted By

Kirk
on 2009-07-18
22:59:36
 Re: YAPE Plus/4 programming question

Hi there SVS,

OK on the subdirectories. As suspected. A shame but so be it !

What you describe with RUN is how I understand it, too but I've got one program which
doesn't work like that and was curious why. Maybe someone else knows, or has seen it ?
I saved the whole thing as one part, which removes the problem, but would rather have discovered why it fails.
Cheers - Kirk

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024