Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Andras78
on 2009-06-20
01:47:46
 Which emulators is the best, how tos

Dear C Fans,
I am a real old Commodore fan and a owner of a new MAC. I know there are several ways to use Emulators with virtual machine (XP or Vista), but I would like to know there is another way to use Emulators under OSX. I open this topic if you have any experience 'how to' setup and use different emulators for OSX and share your experience.
My first experience,that the 'plus4emu' temporarily is the best one and the most useful EMU under OSX. There is necessary to download a 'rom' file and setup it and after this the CPlus4 system is load correctly.
But. I'm in trouble because I cannot press any key, my keypress does not affect, do not do anything. I cannot type and I tried to setup the all keyboard layout. But nothing was happened. Anyone meet this same situation?
Thank you all, I hope this is a new way to share OSX experiences. happy
Regards,
Andras

Posted By

Chris
on 2009-06-20
16:46:51
 Re: Which emulators is the best, how tos

Hi Andras,

I'm a MAC owner and a C16/Plus 4 fan too. Definately appreciate where you are coming from and have had the same problems.

Your possible solutions:

1. Plus4emu. Yes it works well, but personally it isn't as user friendly as other emu's
2. Vice for MAC, works well again.
3. You could try compiling your own version of Yape to OSX. I did this and its my favourite emulator on my mac. Very simple but works a treat.
4. Cross over, which allows you to use windows applications on OSX. Very good application, I use it for many things including emulators, programmers notepad etc. You can get more info on my experience with cross over here ---> http://www.commodore16.com/index.php/component/content/article/46-general/257-c16plus-4-emulators-on-os-x-mac.html

Hope this helps.

Posted By

Andras78
on 2009-06-21
10:07:11

Chris,

Thank you really much! The best choice is the CrossOver, I!ve tried it and it is really great stuff and so easy to use happy
I'm not only C+4 fan, use Amiga and C64 emulators too. This CrossOver is a great opportunity, it is a complex frame for these programs. So, my opinion for others this method happy
Thank you again Chris! wink

Posted By

Csabo
on 2009-06-22
10:35:27

Good to hear you got it solved with Crossover. Still I'm a bit curious about running native program. Chris, you listed plus4emu as the first one. Did you not have the same keyboard-not-working problem as Andras?

Posted By

Andras78
on 2009-06-22
11:42:06

Could be missing something extra settings, I'm looking for that.
Step by step I'll test all of existing EMU's here to share my experience.

Posted By

Chris
on 2009-06-23
15:42:56

I haven't experienced any problems with the keyboard on plus4emu and seems to work ok. It maybe first on that list but it's my least favourite emu for the c16/plus 4 (osx or pc). But its just my opinion and it doesn't feel right for me.

My order of preference for c16/plus4 emulators on osx are:

1. Compiled yape
2. Crossover yape
3. Vice

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024