Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2009-06-05
09:40:37
 Re: Why is the TED chip so vulnerable to frying?

In fact, there is an other potential source. ESD.
I am working on consumer Electronics products, and is any electrostatic issue appears >200V (touching, or even just walking around with poly coat), then it may harm the IC.
It will not die soon,sometimes it take 1-3 years to show the effect, the more often you yuse the faster you will see it. It has a specific pattern, how such an IC looks under microscope, but for that you need a lab, we do not have.
So, the circumstances of production (how strictly they managed it) could be one impact, but this one was really not in focus in the 80s (to be honest, now even at the mid of 90s), and I do not know, if those TED ICs (MOS / CMOS?) are sensitive to ESD, or just to overvoltage (which should come to the environment, not from the IC itself).

Please forgive me for the mistakes I potentially made, I am not an expert, my degree is from a different area. So feel free to correct me.
(active cooling: nice idea, in fact NOT all fans need regulated 12V, some of them is work from 6V DC also, like Delta Fan DSB0612MA-6Q78). Do we have 6V? Or just 5?

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024