Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2009-05-29
10:18:46
 Re: TED Music Collection?

We're talking about archives for different purposes. My purpose is simple: I want to listen to TED music on my non-Plussy devices.

But to answer your points:
- If I need to play a tune on the real thing... I'll just play it on the real thing.
- If I want to learn from the code, I'll open up the source and/or the documentation which is already provided. Doesn't that make more sense? I think there are 4 "modern" players, sorry if I left some out. LODplay has source, TLC's has docs, 4-Mat's has docs, the one used in Threeve is released as a separate PRG file so it's easy to disassemble.
- If you want to grab a tune... I guess you got me there, but this is a non-issue. If you REALLY need a particular tune, you can grab it any time. Even if it's pre-ripped, it's still not guaranteed to work immediately with whatever you're trying to plug it into. The real issue is: you should ask an active musician to write something new instead.
- Making an MP3 archive from TED-archive: true, I hope someone does it and then we can both have our ways happy

HVSC is great because it fits a certain pattern. Our scene is smaller, there are fewer tunes, and it doesn't seem to fit any kind of pattern. But hey, don't let me stop you guys from bringing this project to fruition happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024