Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2009-05-11
07:16:37
 Re: TED Music Collection?

I just wanted to add some comments, but I deleted them, as they were too pessimistic.
As SidPlay, it should be a limited emulation, to get the proper sound, especially as in TED a lot of tricks had to be used to get a right sound (except some very old basic musics).
I have some bad experiences with SID modul of WinAmp.

In fact, there is one more music type, when Plus/4 tries to emulate in real-time the SID (I dunno the official nam, maybe digi-converter?). Like Laser Squad into music (Shadow of the Beast), and some others, working on pure TED. Are they included in the concept, or handled as "low-quality" SID? (in fact I find them rather impressiveespecially knowing the TED limitations).

One more question: did anyone tried out TCFS Soundbooster?
(http://plus4world.powweb.com/software/Soundbooster_V1 )
From expert point of view, how well it utilizes TED possibilities? Is there better editor available producing good sound?
I have a Spectrum contact, and he looking for the best TED music editor. He is keen on creating some 2-3-4 channel musics for TED happy Certainly I want to offer him something compatible with the other formats, and well playable (also provides nice music+drum)
He made some nice Tangerine Dream musics on Spectrum beeper (2 channels + drum).
It would be great to organize some MORE talented musicians to this platform (extra to the available ones). but good tolls needed.
In fact he was looking for a C-116, but I could not find any for him in Hungary...

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024